[SOGo] Sogo Connector with Thunderbird 38.x; doubling contacts, no changes detection

  • From: RalfK < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] Sogo Connector with Thunderbird 38.x; doubling contacts, no changes detection
  • Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2015 10:24:04 +0200

Hi,

I'm using since a couple of weeks Sogo connector with TB38.01 ...
38.2.0. and owncloud 7.0.x

The problem is, that connector stops working with a addressbook after
changing, moving a contact to the addressbook.
Not with all contacts but with a lot of them.

Last night I spend hours to get rid of this.
Moved all contacts to a local addressbook, recreate the network
adressbook and moves the contacts back, reinstalled Connector, ...
A lot of duplicated contacts occurred even just after moving a contact
to the addressbook (with no sync activity against the server!?).

I could recreate the contacts by importing them as vcard in the empty
addressbook at owncloud.
Problem-contacts can by exported from TB-addressbook as vcard and also
imported via owncloud. No problem.

Beside the actual - probably api - problem/failure the total sync
process should be more failure tolerant. Doubling contacts , sync loops,
should not take place.

Is there a way to get some log-information, special in error conditions?
(My TB errorlog is not working anymore with version 38.x!?)

Gruss

Ralf

  • [SOGo] Sogo Connector with Thunderbird 38.x; doubling contacts, no changes detection, RalfK, 08/22/2015