Re: [SOGo] SOGo-Connector plugin support for Thunderbird 38.1 planned?

  • From: Charles Marcus < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] SOGo-Connector plugin support for Thunderbird 38.1 planned?
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 09:33:41 -0400

On 8/24/2015 8:55 AM, Christian Mack
< >
wrote:
> Hello
>
> Perhaps you try to write/change in an address book for which you do not
> have write privileges?
> If yes, that is your problem.
> Just remove that address book from Thunderbird restart Thunderbird and
> add it again.
>
> That is a known Problem with the Thunderbird address book.

Hi Christian,

I understand that this may be a problem with the TB Address Book, but
shouldn't SOGo be able to work around this somehow?

As you know, relying on Users to do the right thing is an exercise in
futility. This has been probably the largest single source of pain for
our users - along with the lack of a proper 'Author' permission for
Calendars.

Also - is there a TB bug open to address this properly?

Thanks,

Charles