[SOGo] ANN: SOGo v3.0 beta 1

  • From: Ludovic Marcotte < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] ANN: SOGo v3.0 beta 1
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 15:51:37 -0400

Hello,

After many months of development, Inverse is happy to announce the availability of SOGo v3.0 beta 1.

Some of you might remember the ambitions of SOGo v3 - to completely rewrite the front-end with modern technologies that will allow the evolution of SOGo for another five years while leveraging the stability and flexibility of the backend. We initially chose a dual-framework approach with ZURB Foundation and Ionic to deliver a versatile web app, but later opted for a single-solution responsive design with Angular Material. The framework is supported by the Angular.js team and implements the excellent Material Design guidelines. Focusing on single front-end framework was necessary to offer a unified device-agnostic web experience.

While v3 brings a lot, we decided to postpone the development of some of existing v2 features so we could get an initial release out. These were available in v2 and will be reappear in the upcoming weeks:
  • DnD (moving components, attaching files, etc.)
  • advanced email search
  • email threading
  • calendar printing - we need to finish polishing the calendar views before adding printing support
  • multiday view
  • admin module - we need to add more features in this module
Don't worry, SOGo v2 isn’t going away! The good news is that you can run v2 and v3 using the same database, configuration and underlying components. You can offer both versions at the same time to your users. SOGo v3 shares virtually the same backend code as v2 so all the Enterprise ActiveSync features, DAV capabilities and native Outlook compatibility are present in v3 and share the same state as v2.

The demo version of SOGo v3 is available from http://demo.sogo.nu/SOGo

You can use the username/password "sogo1", "sogo2" and "sogo3". You can also get SOGo v3 as sources or packages from http://www.sogo.nu/downloads/backend_v3.html. Nightly builds of SOGo v3 will also be available starting tomorrow.

Of course, our priority is to implement the missing features, take advantage of the upcoming Angular Material refinements and performance improvements but more importantly, listen to our community and share ideas with you in order to make SOGo v3 simply outstanding!

Thanks!
--
Ludovic Marcotte

   ::  +1.514.755.3630  ::  http://inverse.ca