Re: [SOGo] Outlook 2013 Active Sync and Shared Calendars

  • From: Sascha Kasch < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Outlook 2013 Active Sync and Shared Calendars
  • Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2015 23:30:27 +0200

Hi all,

a year has gone since this. Is there any progression? And how if not automatically is one supposed to add a shared calendar with Outlook 2013 EAS?

cheers,
sascha

On 2014-06-10, 2:14 PM, Martin Simovic wrote:
Is it possible to use shared calendars in Outlook 2013 with Active Sync? In other words, can I attach other users’s calendar that has been shared with me to my Outlook Calendar view?
No - not right now.

First of all, over ActiveSync, we currently only send over the personal calendar and personal address book. This "limitation" will be removed soon (quite an easy fix).

Once we do that, additional personal collections and ones shared (and subscribed too) will be exposed over ActiveSync - so clients can also consume the data from them. We'll enforce ACL at the server level when offering them. Outlook 2013 (and other AS clients) will likely allow you to modify locally the data even if you aren't allowed, but the server will reject the modifications and tell the client to sync the data back - reverting to the server's copy.

AFAIK, there's no concept of sharing/delegation/ACLs with ActiveSync.