Re: [SOGo] Calendars locked

  • From: Ian McMichael < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Calendars locked
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 19:47:04 +0100

On 31/08/15 15:22, Bob Wooldridge wrote:
Any ideas what to do and what has caused this?

For me this has happened over the last day or so too. I access my calendars over SSL using a StartCom certificate. Their OCSP server was off-line for a while, which cause Apache to return an OCSP stapling error to Thunderbird.

In previous Lightning versions (below 4.x) this has happened briefly but the calendars recovered when the OCSP server came back on-line. However, this behaviour seems to have changed now to permanently disable them once the error is seen. By following the instructions in this thread I have used Config Editor to re-enable them and all work fine once more.

The error:

AH01977: failed reading line from OCSP server

appeared in my Apache error log file for the client that was impacted shortly before the calendars vanished. Having read about this, I have updated my /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/ssl.conf to include:

SSLStaplingResponderTimeout 5
SSLStaplingReturnResponderErrors off

This is all on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS server, so other distros may vary. As far as I am aware StartCom have not had another outage, so I am not yet sure whether this will mitigate the next one.

I'd be interested to know if others use StartCom SSL certificates or whether there is another force at play here too?