Re: [SOGo] openchange_newuser not working

  • From: Martin Simovic < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] openchange_newuser not working
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 12:23:52 +0200

Hi,

No solution, I believe this to be broken for 2.3.1 (at least in Ubuntu
builds). Tried Zero effort Groupware (VirtualBox VM) too, but interestingly
this is based on 2.3.0 (!) and has different kind of problem.

Long story short: I haven’t been able to get to usable configuration with
openchange ever. Tried Ubuntu Inverse packages, building from source, Zero
effort Groupware .ova and Zentyal (community). All of those periodically as
new versions were coming out, for al least 1 year now. None of those worked
to the extent that your manager would thank you for, quite the opposite
rather than that.

Keeping in mind the issues ActiveSync is having with Outlook 2013, I believe
it should be said: Outlook is NOT supported (at least not in stable,
production ready way) by any means (openchange or EAS). Use IMAP and some
sort of CalDAV sync software for SOGO <-> Outlook, unless you are fond of
sleepless nights.

Best Regards

Martin

> On 31 Aug 2015, at 17:56, Horst Häberlen
> < >
> wrote:
>
> Hi Martin Simovic,
>
> do you have a solution? ...or anybody else?
>
> Horst
>
>> Same problem here, SOGo 2.3.1 on Trusty x64 … any hints?
>>
>> --
>> Martin Šimovič
>>
>> NETSON s.r.o.
>> Mlynská 2238
>> 934 01 Levice
>> tel: +421 915 393 570
>> mail:
>>

>> <mailto: >
>>

>>> On 13 Aug 2015, at 10:28, Horst Häberlen
>>> <
>>> <mailto: >>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> It is not possible for me to create a new user, see the following call:
>>>
>>> openchange_newuser --create
>>>

>>> <mailto: >
>>> [...]
>>> lpcfg_servicenumber: couldn't find ldb
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>> File "/usr/sbin/openchange_newuser", line 69, in <module>
>>> provision.newuser(provisionnames, lp, creds, username=username,
>>> mail=opts.mail)
>>> File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openchange/provision.py", line
>>> 674, in newuser
>>> db.modify_ldif(ldif_value)
>>> File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/__init__.py", line 235, in
>>> modify_ldif
>>> self.modify(msg, controls)
>>> _ldb.LdbError: (16, "objectclass_attrs: attribute
>>> 'msExchRecipientTypeDetails' on entry
>>> 'CN=
>>>
>>> <mailto:CN= >,CN=Users,DC=mymailldomain,DC=net'
>>> was
>>> not found in the schema!")
>>>
>>> I am using sogo 2.3.1 on Ubuntu Trusty
>>>

>>> --
>>> Horst Häberlen
>>> Kirchenstr. 16
>>> 74639 Zweiflingen
>>> --
>>>

>>> <mailto: >
>>> https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists
>>

> --
>
> https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists

  • Re: [SOGo] openchange_newuser not working, Martin Simovic, 09/01/2015