Re: [SOGo] Finishing the FreeBSD port

  • From: Niklaas Baudet von Gersdorff < >
  • To:
  • Cc: Euan Thoms < >
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Finishing the FreeBSD port
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 10:24:32 +0200

Hi,

as written in another email

On 08/09/15 09:20, Niklaas Baudet von Gersdorff wrote:

> I would like to use SoGo on FreeBSD and stumbled upon the not yet
> official port by Euan Thoms that he announced here

[...]

I would like to port SOGo for FreeBSD. Regularly reading the mailing
list made me notice the fact that there is a lot of effort put into
releasing version 3. Thus I'm wondering whether it makes sense to put
time an energy into porting version 2.* and whether I shouldn't start to
work on a port of version 3 (based on the beta releases).

Nonetheless, I also thought that there might be continuous support (in
terms of vulnerability fixes) for version 2 as well. In that case,
efforts put into releasing a port for version 2 wouldn't be too
senseless. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the support cycles
for SOGo.

So, what do you think? Does it make sense to work on a port for version
2 or would it be better to start porting version 3?

Best,

--

Niklaas