[SOGo] SOGo/OpenChange and external domain(s)

  • From: Harold Fines < >
  • To: Users < >
  • Subject: [SOGo] SOGo/OpenChange and external domain(s)
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 00:12:38 +0000 (UTC)

Greetings

I have followed the Openchange cookbook and "SOGo - Installation and Configuration Guide.pdf" as well as "SOGo Native Microsoft Outlook Configuration.pdf" to produce a working implementation of Debian, Samba, Dovecot, Postfix and SOGo. Kudos to all the developers involved in making these amazing softwares!

My organization is a small non-profit. We are now using Samba as an internal AD ("org".pri") for our workstations and all is well. The thing is, some of our users have been using two different external domains ("org.com" and "otherorg.fi") for our e-mail which is where I am hitting a snag:

Created users (through samba-tool and openchange_newusers) end up with as their mail address when logging into SOGo which will of course not work when communicating with external mail addresses.

I tried following "Multi-domains Configuration" from "SOGo - Installation and Configuration Guide.pdf" and using different user groups as "baseDN" to separate the users but I still end up with with "org.pri" as their mail address.

Is it even possible to use different external domains in this setup and if so: how? I have yet to succeed in assigning/using a single external domain so any help with be highly appreciated :)