Re: [SOGo] Outlook question . . .

  • From: Martin Simovic < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Outlook question . . .
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 13:40:18 +0200

Hi,

On 25 Sep 2015, at 18:46, Steve Ankeny < > wrote:

On 09/25/2015 12:16 PM, Martin Simovic wrote:
Hi

On 25 Sep 2015, at 16:43, Steve Ankeny < > wrote:

I am using MariaDB 10.0.21, Ubuntu Trusty 14.04, Dovecot & Postfix, OpenChange/OCSManager 2.4 What can I do to troubleshoot or resolve this problem?  OpenChange/OCSManager installed after the recent upgrade but when they're initiated by DCERPC calls, they shutdown my Samba AD DC server.

Two questions:

1. What version of Samba do you use?
2. Have you EVER had working Openchange setup?

Best Regards
Martin.

1 --

adam@sogo:~$ sudo apt-cache policy samba
samba:
  Installed: 2:4.1.18+dfsg-3~inverse1
  Candidate: 2:4.1.18+dfsg-3~inverse1
  Version table:
 *** 2:4.1.18+dfsg-3~inverse1 0
        600 http://inverse.ca/ubuntu/ trusty/trusty amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     2:4.1.6+dfsg-1ubuntu2.14.04.9 0
        500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty-updates/main amd64 Packages
     2:4.1.6+dfsg-1ubuntu2.14.04.7 0
        500 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty-security/main amd64 Packages
     2:4.1.6+dfsg-1ubuntu2 0
        500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main amd64 Packages
adam@sogo:~$

2 --

I have NEVER had a working OpenChange setup.

As I said previously, it ran fine all day yesterday until someone attempted to use Outlook.  And, what I mean by that is, "All the appropriate servers and services ran together until I attempted to setup Outlook."

1.This Samba version is not very stable when used together with openchange. Version 4.1.17 packaged by Zentyal seems to have much less problems.
2. Does not surprise me. I believe that openchange is not production ready, especially not with large mailboxes. Could not get it to sync my 3,5GB mailbox reliably ever.

Regards
Martin.