Re: [SOGo] SOGo/OpenChange and external domain(s)

  • From: Harold Fines < >
  • To: Users < >
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] SOGo/OpenChange and external domain(s)
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 22:59:06 +0000 (UTC)

Greetings and thank you all for your swift replies. I found Peter Becks example to be quite helpful and I was able to make it work, albeit with a few changes:

I had to set  "SOGoEnableDomainBasedUID = YES;", change the users "mail" attribute in the AD and use the following:

    domains = {

    domain.pri = {
    SOGoMailDomain = domain.pri;
    SOGoIMAPServer = localhost;
    SOGoSMTPServer = localhost;
    SOGoSuperUsernames = ( );
    SOGoUserSources =  (
    {
    id = domain.pri;
    displayName = "domain.pri";
    canAuthenticate = YES;
    type = ldap;
    CNFieldName = cn;
//    IDFieldName = cn;
    IDFieldName = mail;
    UIDFieldName = sAMAccountName;
//    UIDFieldName = mail;
    hostname = "ldap://127.0.0.1";
    baseDN = "CN=users,DC=domain,DC=pri";
    bindDN = "CN=sogo,CN=users,DC=domain,DC=pri";
    bindPassword = "***";
//    bindFields = (sAMAccountName);
    bindFields = (sAMAccountName, mail);
//    bindFields = (mail);
//    filter = "mail = '*'";
    filter = "(objectClass='*' AND mail='*@domain.pri' AND userAccountControl != 66050)";
//    IMAPLoginFieldName = mail;
    }
        );
    };

    domain.tld = {
    SOGoMailDomain = domain.tld;
    SOGoIMAPServer = localhost;
    SOGoSMTPServer = localhost;
    SOGoSuperUsernames = ( );
    SOGoUserSources =  (
    {
    id = domain.tld;
    displayName = "domain.tld";
    canAuthenticate = YES;
    type = ldap;
    CNFieldName = cn;
//    IDFieldName = cn;
    IDFieldName = mail;
    UIDFieldName = sAMAccountName;
//    UIDFieldName = mail;
    hostname = "ldap://127.0.0.1";
    baseDN = "CN=users,DC=domain,DC=pri";
    bindDN = "CN=sogo,CN=users,DC=domain,DC=pri";
    bindPassword = "***";
//    bindFields = (sAMAccountName);
    bindFields = (sAMAccountName, mail);
//    bindFields = (mail);
//    filter = "mail = '*'";
    filter = "(objectClass='*' AND mail='*@domain.tld' AND userAccountControl != 66050)";
//    IMAPLoginFieldName = mail;
    }
        );
    };
    };

For some reason I am unable to log in with "IMAPLoginFieldName = mail", SOGo is unable to authenticate users. Also, with "UIDFieldName = mail;" I am immediately returned to the login screen (although logs state that the user was logged in)?

Now, is there any way of making dovecot create mailboxes in /var/mail/ named after their full e-mail address instead of just the username?

DurgaPrasad: Have a look at http://iabsis.com/en/community/tuto/openchange-samba4-debian , I found it to be quite helpful in ironing out the bugs/mistakes in the Cookbook.