Re: [SOGo] SOGo/OpenChange and external domain(s)

  • From: Peter Beck < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] SOGo/OpenChange and external domain(s)
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 09:14:42 +0200

On 09/30/2015 12:59 AM, Harold Fines wrote:

> For some reason I am unable to log in with "IMAPLoginFieldName = mail",
> SOGo is unable to authenticate users. Also, with "UIDFieldName = mail;"
> I am immediately returned to the login screen (although logs state that
> the user was logged in)?
>
> Now, is there any way of making dovecot create mailboxes in /var/mail/
> named after their full e-mail address instead of just the username?

my dovecot-ldap.conf has this settings, which will create the mailboxes
automatically under /var/vmail/domain/lefthandside-part.

but i think you could change that to %Lu (%u should be the mailaddress
and the "L" will convert everything to Lowercase), but never tried that.
for me it's more conveniant when each domain is separated in different
folders... you also have to ensure the settings in 10-auth.conf
(auth_username_format = %Lu) (is what I have defined - everybody has to
login with the complete mail as username).

hosts = x.x.x.x:389 x.x.x.y:389
dn =

dnpass = password
base = cn=Users,dc=foo,dc=bar
auth_bind = yes
pass_filter = (&(objectClass=user)(mail=%Lu))
pass_attrs = userPassword=password
user_filter = (&(ObjectClass=user)(mail=%Lu))
user_attrs = =home=/var/vmail/%Ld/%Ln,=uid=10000,=gid=10000

for Dovecot I can recommend Peer Heinlein's Dovecot book (ISBN
978-3-95539-074-7)

Hope that helps...

Regards
Peter