Re: [SOGo] Upgrade from 2.2.17 to 2.3.3a

  • From: Kai-Uwe Rommel < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Upgrade from 2.2.17 to 2.3.3a
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 16:50:50 +0100

wrote on 30.11.2015 13:44:03:

> You have to convert your configuration to sogo.conf first.
> See "SOGo Installation Guide" in "Chapter 10 Upgrading" Subsection 2.0.5.

Thanks. I overlooked this since I initially installed a newer version than 2.0.5
yet still the config was in .GNUstepDefaults.

> Then you can run the script under sogo user.

Actually, after doing this, one can also run the script as root.

Meanwhile I had "fixed" this by running it as sogo but after removing
the "-f /etc/sogo/sogo.conf" because it will then also find the correct
configuration values from the .GNUstepDefaults file.

Kai-Uwe Rommel

Telefon+Mobil +49 89 32468-120

> Am 29.11.2015 um 15:32 schrieb Kai-Uwe Rommel:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am still trying to upgrade. The post install upgrade script fails:
> >
> > [root@srv sogo-2.3.3a]# sudo -u sogo sh
> > ./sql-update-2.2.17_to_2.3.0-mysql.sh
> > Couldn't fetch OCSFolderInfoURL value, aborting
> >
> > What do I need to fix this? I simply do not understand what this error
> > means.
> >
> > Also:
> > [root@srv sogo-2.3.3a]# sudo -u sogo sogo-tool dump-defaults
> > {
> >     FirstDayOfWeek = 1;
> >     OCSFolderInfoURL =
> > "mysql://dovecot:xxxxxxx@127.0.0.1:3306/mail/sogo_folder_info";
> >     OCSSessionsFolderURL =
> > "mysql://dovecot:xxxxxxx@127.0.0.1:3306/mail/sogo_session_folder";
> >     SOGoACLsSendEMailNotifications = YES;
> >     SOGoAppointmentSendEMailNotifications = YES;
> >     SOGoAuthenticationMethod = SQL;
> >
> > Am I right with my assumption that this script needs to run under the
> > sogo user account? This is not written anywhere but I thought it would
> > be logical ... it does not work as root either.
> >
> > These parameters are all configured in the .GNUstepDefaults file.
> > Why is the script not finding them?
> >
> > Kai-Uwe Rommel

ARS Computer und Consulting GmbH,
http://www.ars.de
Ridlerstrasse 37, 80339 Muenchen, Deutschland

Individuelle Softwareentwicklung, Beratung und Projekte
IBM Software, IBM Lizenzmanagement
IT-Infrastrukturservices

Handelsregister Muenchen, HRB 101829, USt-ID: DE 155 068 909
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Michael Arbesmeier, Kai-Uwe Rommel, Roland Schock, Joachim Gucker