[SOGo] SOGo Impossible Installation

  • From: " " < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] SOGo Impossible Installation
  • Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2016 00:01:26 -0400

I have literally spent days with this. I have been trying to install SOGo on
CentOS 7 with OpenChange 2.3 and Samba 4.

I found out that with EnterpriseSamba you can get v4.2 or older (I believe) as
a free download and install and they provide you the key. So I finally made it
through an installation that has samba-tool and got it set up.

Next problem is to get OpenChange 2.3 installed but it only works with Samba
4.1.18 and the SerNet guys have 4.1.23 on their site not 4.1.18 (arrrgggh). So
I can't get Samba4 installed on CentOS 7. Would I be accurate in saying SOGo
isn't supported on CentOS 7?

Now I know this isn't a direct SOGo question but it does relate I think.

Has anyone got this setup I'm describing going? I would like to have CentOS 7,
Samba 4 and OpenChange 2.3 working with SOGo 3.0.2.

If what I ask is an impossible dream, then what has to give? What should I
step down in versions? I don't really need an AD environment. Or do I? I
really just want SOGo so I'm not sure I even need AD. Nothing about requiring
an AD environment in any documentation or maybe I've missed it.

I've got to say. SOGo really kicks azz when you look at what it can do. But
the documentation needs real work.