Re[2]: [SOGo] SOGo Impossible Installation

  • From: " " < >
  • To: "Juan Pablo Lorier" < >
  • Subject: Re[2]: [SOGo] SOGo Impossible Installation
  • Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2016 13:47:24 +0000
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca 637D8D66A53

From our experience, Debian is the best OS to install OpenChange / Samba / SOGo on.

Furthermore, I agree with the lack of precise documentation. It's a very complicated process to get going the entire OpenChange software suite. Personally I think that if you need professional help, you can always call upon commercial support from Inverse or Zentyal.

For example some features aren't available except for the commercial edition of Zentyal server: take the dovecot openchange notification plugin. There is one page that tells you how to compile it and that's it. It's not mentioned anywhere that you need to setup samba as well, not to mention recompile dovecot to support threads in the lda binary. I spent about 2 weeks figuring this stuff out.

Maybe that's why it's only available in their commercial editions.