[SOGo] Syncing large mailboxes via MAPI

  • From: " " < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] Syncing large mailboxes via MAPI
  • Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2016 21:54:36 +0000
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca F17CCC2C964

I am running SOGo 3.0.2 with OpenChange 2.3. Everything runs very well for smaller mailboxes but I can't get an initial sync with Outlook using MAPI for mailboxes that are 2+gb and/or with lots of folders. In the Samba logs I see tons of lines like this which appear to loop over and over:

  mapiproxy/libmapistore/mapistore_backend.c:345(mapistore_backend_create_context): namespace is sogo:// and backend_uri is ''...

and doing a tcpdump on the IMAP port it seems to be looping around doing LIST on all the folders over and over, but not doing any actual message fetching.

In Outlook I see an 'Updating Folder...' status that lasts for ever. The OST file is only 16mb which must mean it didn't transfer any actual mail.

I don't have this issue with smaller mailboxes.

I've grepped the Samba logs ( debug level 8 ) for ERROR but nothing comes up.

Has anyone else encountered this issue ?

  • [SOGo] Syncing large mailboxes via MAPI, , 04/05/2016