[SOGo] ZEG ActiveSync

  • From: "Peter R" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] ZEG ActiveSync
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 17:45:41 -0400 (EDT)
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca C1FA31169B90

This is the first time I am sending a question to this mailing list. I hope I am following proper etiquette. I am pretty good Windows person but Linux is new to me so please assume I need more details than not. Thanks.

I want to test sogo (via ZEG) for my home groupware (shared calendars and contacts among laptop and desktop Outlook 2013 and iPhones and iPads). If it works like I hope it does, I plan to do a full server build (still within a vm) as well as help a couple nonprofit organizations in town to do the same. With ZEG I have had partial success with Outlook using OpenChange interface (calendar worked great but I could not get contacts to sync correctly) and Apple using CalDav and CardDav (both worked but single ActiveSync connection seems simpler). Since Outlook 2013 and Apple products support ActiveSync, I decided to try that connection. In Outlook 2013, I get the message:
"Log onto Exchange ActiveSync mail server (EAS): The server cannot be found." On iPad, "Unable to verify account information." Both with same result: I can't connect to EAS.

Here are the inputs I am using from ZEG:
3.1.0 vm published late last month running in Oracle VirtualBox on WIN7 machine.
User Name/email:
PW: sogo
Mail server: http://192.168.0.53/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync
VM is set with bridge network.

As I missing some basic input or configuration step? Several people say ZEG works for them so I know it must be something I am or am not doing. Thanks.

Peter