Re: [SOGo] sieve backwards not compatible.

  • From: "\"T.B.\"" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] sieve backwards not compatible.
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 22:35:36 +0200
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca F0F00116AA04

Am 03.06.2016 um 15:39 schrieb Zhang Huangbin ( ):

On Jun 3, 2016, at 8:24 PM, Christian Eichert (
 ) <
 > wrote:

How can tell SOGo to show the new version of the sogo.sieve file from the server ?
If i understand how sieve works in SOGo:

-) SOGo stores sieve rules in SQL db, export all sieve rules to sieve server.
-) SOGo doesn't read sieve rules from sieve server. so it's impossible to migrate sieve rules from other server by simply copying sieve rule files to file system.

This is bad design, because you cannot manage sieve rules in other apps via standard managesieve service. for example, Roundcube webmail with its official plugin 'managesieve'.

Wish this design could be changed someday.

----
Zhang Huangbin, founder of iRedMail project: http://www.iredmail.org/
Time zone: GMT+8 (China/Beijing).

I also think this is not a good design and this needs a better solution.

However, I solved some of my issues with this by creating a separate sieve file for other connected sieve/managesieve clients (like Thunderbird Out of Office plugin or Thunderbird Sieve Plugin) and including it within the ACTIVE sogo sieve file as follows (sogo sieve script file acts as master file and must be the active one):

require ["include"];
include :personal "OutOfOfficeScriptFile";

Description here: http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Examples#Include_scripts

Kind regards

TB