Re: [SOGo] confidential appointments

  • From: "Ralf Cirksena" ( ) < >
  • To: Ian McMichael < >
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] confidential appointments
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 08:38:03 +0200
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca 3E81D11408A6

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 01:33:05PM +0100 you wrote:

> We've been running v3 since its initial release and I
> have never experienced any different behaviour. The appointments
> are correctly flagged as confidential (if you examine the XML sent
> to the client) but I believe this should be handled server-side
> (like it is with CalDAV) as I have yet to find a client that honours
> this! It is also much safer if data never intended for a client
> device is kept centrally and never distributed to it...

Outlook 2013 (ActiveSync) does not send an authentication to the
server. Therefore the server handles such free/busy requests as coming
from "public". The server answers if "public" has at least permission
to date/time of the requested user.

Is that really the problem? There must be a way for the server to
find out who requests free/busy information. And yes, that must be
handled server-side.

Greetings
--
R. Cirksena