Re: [SOGo] Sogo and Windows AD integration

  • From: "Alexandre Zuotoski Neto" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Sogo and Windows AD integration
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 17:28:51 -0300
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca 5E952F294E2

Hi! I hope that I am able to help here.

I've managed to integrate iRedMail with my AD, which includes SOGo. But I think that what is missing for you is the concept itself.

Usually, when you authenticate a Linux service against Ative Directory, you can forget about Linux after making it work. Everything is made in Windows (AD). You create users in AD, set passwords, etc. It all depends on what resources are used by the application that depends on AD information.

That being said, SOGo will authenticated AD users, not Linux users after you integrate them (at least that's what I did here). So, you have to create and update users in Windows only.

Here is another post in IRedMail, where I comment about SOGo integration and show a sample configuration file, when asking for support. (This is why I like more foruns than mail lists): http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic11288-iredmail-support-sogo-group-receiver-issue.html

Also, I maybe wrong, but I guess that SOGo doesn't deal with mail itself, it depends on other services like Postfix, for example. So, Postfix also must be prepared to work with AD - Postfix MUST be the first thing to be integrated, before anything, by the way.

You will have to read a little bit more about the concept itself to understand - my suggestion is that you setup some VMs and try on these VMs, so you'll be free to make mistakes and redo the installation.