Re: [SOGo] Alternative SOGo packages repository for Debian and Ubuntu

  • From: Slávek Banko ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Alternative SOGo packages repository for Debian and Ubuntu
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 09:51:32 +0200
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca 5338DC8DD79

On Thursday 28 of July 2016 04:17:00 Zhang Huangbin wrote:
> > On Jul 28, 2016, at 6:30 AM, Slávek Banko
> > ( )
> > < >
> > wrote:
> >
> > For SOGo v.2.x
> > deb http://www.axis.cz/linux/debian <your-distribution> sogo-v2
> >
> > For SOGo v3.x
> > deb http://www.axis.cz/linux/debian <your-distribution> sogo-v3
>
> How about indicate the SOGo version in URL, and change 'sogo-v2/v3' to
> 'main'? like this:
>
> deb http://<url>/sogo/2/debian <distribution> main
> deb http://<url>/sogo/3/debian <distribution> main
>
> deb http://<url>/sogo/2/ubuntu <distribution> main
> deb http://<url>/sogo/3/ubuntu <distribution> main
>
> it will be easier for end users to switch to different apt repo, and easier
> for me to support different repos in iRedMail. :)
>
> ----
> Zhang Huangbin, founder of iRedMail project: http://www.iredmail.org/
> Time zone: GMT+8 (China/Beijing).

Is there any obvious benefit to users? When changing from official Inverse
repository to this alternative repository users anyway needs to enter a new
line to apt sources - including the 'component' name, because the official
Inverse repository to the component name duplicates the name of the
distribution.

Therefore, to me, it seems easier when alternative repository has a single
url
(which is also shorter) and SOGo version is selected by the component name.
For me, it also has the advantage that I have one repository with
multiple 'components', rather than multiple repositories.

--
Slávek