Re: [SOGo] Alternative SOGo packages repository for Debian and Ubuntu

  • From: "Fabio Onorini" ( ) < >
  • To: SOGo mailinglist < >
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Alternative SOGo packages repository for Debian and Ubuntu
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 14:13:12 +0200
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca 744DCE09AE9

Hello Slavek,
your altervative repositories are already usable?

Hi all,

I have experience with maintaining packages for multiple versions of Debian
and Ubuntu distributions. Thanks to this I have ready builder for many
versions of Debian and Ubuntu for multiple architectures.

I dared to prepare an alternative repository of SOGo packages for Debian and
Ubuntu. Packages are available not only for SOGo 3.x, but also for SOGo 2.x.
Distributions are Debian 7 (Wheezy), Debian 8 (Jessie), Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty)
and Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial). Architectures amd64 and i386. If there arises an
interest, I can try to build also for other architectures (armhf, arm64,...).

Currently, all these SOGo builds are without OpenChange support, because it is
difficult to build OpenChange. During my attempts to build OpenChange always
occurs FTBFS...

To install gpg key, use:
  apt-key adv --keyserver sks.labs.nic.cz --recv-key A04BE668

The format of the line to the apt sources is as follows:

For SOGo v.2.x
  deb http://www.axis.cz/linux/debian <your-distribution> sogo-v2

For SOGo v3.x
  deb http://www.axis.cz/linux/debian <your-distribution> sogo-v3

Where <your-distribution> could be: wheezy, jessie, trusty or xenial. Do not
be fooled by the word 'debian' in the url - this is true even for the Ubuntu
packages.

The packages numbering follows the usual packaging rules. By the way, packages
are also ready to properly update during dist-upgrade, because version of
distribution is a part of the packages version. This is a small advantage
over the official Inverse packages ;)

Cheers
--
Slávek