Re: [SOGo] Installation of SOGo 3.2 with MAPI - missing packages

  • From: "Christian Mack" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Installation of SOGo 3.2 with MAPI - missing packages
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 14:48:54 +0200
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca 3C4581207A6D

Am 24.10.2016 um 15:24 schrieb
:
> Hello List,
>
> we are aiming to replace a MS exchange public folder with SOGo /
> openchange. Since our
> whole infrastructure runs on Debian Jessie, my first attempt to install was
> based on
> the packages from nightly builds for Debian 8. But if I follow the
> instruction for
> installation on Ubuntu 16.04 [1] I get problems with packages missing in
> the
> repositories:
>

> [...]
> E: Unable to locate package openchange-ocsmanager
> E: Unable to locate package openchange-rpcproxy
> E: Unable to locate package python-sievelib
> E: Unable to locate package python-rpclib
> [...]
>

> The same packages for Ubuntu are maintained by
> .
> Don't they produce
> packages for Debian Jessie? Or is the software for Debian just packaged
> differently?
>

> Using Ubuntu 16.04 for evaluation is fine for us. But if we buy support to
> get access
> to the release repos, then we would prefer to run SOGo on Debian Jessie.
>
> Is anybody here running SOGo 3.2 on Jessie? Do the release repositories
> work for Debian?
>

> [1]
> https://sogo.nu/files/docs/SOGoNativeOutlookConfigurationGuide.html#_installation

Debian Jessie will not work, because MAPI support of openchange is only
possible with recent SAMBA4 versions.

Therefore currently Inverse only provides those packages for Ubuntu Xenial.

You can compile SAMBA4 and openchange yourself, but multiple people on
this list didn't manage to get a stable running system that way.

So you either can wait for the next stable Debian version 8 ("Stretch")
or use Ubuntu Xenial now.

Universität Konstanz
Abteilung Basisdienste
78457 Konstanz