[SOGo] appointments from iPhone with emoticons

  • From: "\"Andreas Blaha\"" ( ) < >
  • To: < >
  • Subject: [SOGo] appointments from iPhone with emoticons
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 15:21:33 +0100
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca B7CB2122ECBA

Hi all,

strange request from a user:

when an appointment created on the iphone/ipad contains an emoticon (wherever: title, notes, location etc.) the appointment is visible and manageable on the iphone/ipad, but not in the web gui. It can be seen but does not give any details, cannot be edited or deleted from there, I cannot view the source text of the appointment, but I get the according reminders. The appointment is not visible at all in Outlook 201x/ActiveSync. This behaviour I can reproduce, both in 2.3.19 and 3.2.6a.

I only found an open bug referring to UTF8, not sure if this has anything to do with it.

I have no Android device at hand to check whether it is the same there or not.

Has anyone experienced this as well?

Best regards

Andy