Re: [SOGo] Feature Request: Calendar attachments (EAS v16 capability)

  • From: "Christian Mack" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Feature Request: Calendar attachments (EAS v16 capability)
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 15:25:44 +0100
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca AADEB12801A6

Am 17.02.2017 um 08:47 schrieb Lars Eriksson
( ):
> A function commonly used in the MS office/Exchange-world is attaching
> files to a calendar event.
> This capability was added in Microsofts version 16 of Exchange
> ActiveSync, and it would be very good to have in SOGo as well.
>
> Since attaching files is not supported by Thunderbird, an early step
> could be to support only WebbUI and Outlook.
>

> Quoted from Microsoft dev blog:
> "Updated EAS, which we will call version 16, contains three new major
> capabilities[...]
> [...]
> 2. Calendar attachments. Previously calendar items synced with EAS could
> not include any attachments such as agendas, decks or spreadsheets. In
> version 16 that is now possible."

You do not want that.
Because you always have to upload those to all clients using that
calendar on every change of that event or the document.
And old documents will stay till the corresponding event is deleted.
Think of mobiles!
They do neither have the bandwidth nor the space.

The better approach is to store the documents in a central place
(NextCloud, Alfresco etc.) and add a link to the event.

This was requested before, see
https://sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=1758

Universität Konstanz
Abteilung Basisdienste