[SOGo] Can't start, "Default zone has run out of memory"

  • From: "\" \"" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] Can't start, "Default zone has run out of memory"
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 10:50:09 +0100
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca 4441211E01E9

Bonjour,

For a few years I had Sogo 2 running but this week-end I noticed Thunderbird wasn't able to retrieve the cardbook. All suddenly, I don't remember any relevant change on the server.

Sogo daemon is not running anymore. In /var/log/sogo/sogo.log I get this : "/usr/sbin/sogod: Uncaught exception NSMallocException, reason: Default zone has run out of memory". But a few lines above I read "vmem size check enabled: shutting down app when vmem > 384 MB. Currently at 175 MB" so it seems good. I also tried to increase SxVMemLimit just in case and the result is the same as soon I try to start the daemon.

Does it relates to GNUstep ?
The only clue I have is that the virtual host RAM was reduced from 2 to 1 GB lately before the issue occurs. But now I switched back to 2 GB.
The "free" command says >1 GB available free RAM.

I upgraded to Sogo 3, I purged Sogo and GNUstep then reinstalled, I rebooted the system twice : nothing changed with a fresh reinstall.

I use Sogo 3 nightly build, Debian 7 Wheezy and Postgresql.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Michaël