Re: [SOGo] Can't start, "Default zone has run out of memory"

  • From: "Christian Mack" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Can't start, "Default zone has run out of memory"
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 13:31:08 +0100
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca 7DD37120160B

Hello

As zones are used to seperate different applications.
Is there another application running on that server, which has a lot of
RAM reserved to it?
How big is the RAM size for the "Default zone" ?

Am 27.02.2017 um 17:26 schrieb
" "

( ):
>> SxVMemLimit is per worker.
> Yeah, it was some kind of desesperate try changing SxVMemLimit :/
>
>> How many workers do you try to start?
> The issue occurs as soon I try to start a fresh Sogo reinstall, with the
> default config. It's in use for a SOHO, 1-2 worker is enough.
>

> Michaël
>

> On 27/02/17 17:04, Christian Mack
> ( )
> wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> Am 27.02.2017 um 10:50 schrieb
>> " "
>>
>> ( ):
>>> Bonjour,
>>>
>>> For a few years I had Sogo 2 running but this week-end I noticed
>>> Thunderbird wasn't able to retrieve the cardbook. All suddenly, I don't
>>> remember any relevant change on the server.
>>>
>>> Sogo daemon is not running anymore. In /var/log/sogo/sogo.log I get this
>>> : "/usr/sbin/sogod: Uncaught exception NSMallocException, reason:
>>> Default zone has run out of memory". But a few lines above I read "vmem
>>> size check enabled: shutting down app when vmem > 384 MB. Currently at
>>> 175 MB" so it seems good. I also tried to increase SxVMemLimit just in
>>> case and the result is the same as soon I try to start the daemon.
>>>
>>> Does it relates to GNUstep ?
>>> The only clue I have is that the virtual host RAM was reduced from 2 to
>>> 1 GB lately before the issue occurs. But now I switched back to 2 GB.
>>> The "free" command says >1 GB available free RAM.
>>>
>>> I upgraded to Sogo 3, I purged Sogo and GNUstep then reinstalled, I
>>> rebooted the system twice : nothing changed with a fresh reinstall.
>>>
>>> I use Sogo 3 nightly build, Debian 7 Wheezy and Postgresql.
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot for your help.
>>>
>> SxVMemLimit is per worker.
>> How many workers do you try to start?
>>

>> Kind regards,