[SOGo] PHOTO attribute with invalid character

  • From: " " < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] PHOTO attribute with invalid character
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 13:29:30 -0300
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca 416E4C6CC3D

Hi!

I am using SOGo with Microsoft Active Directory integration. In my Active Directory, the thumbnailPhoto is the attribute that stores the users photos. It works in SOGo web interface very well, but this is the second time that I am facing incompatibilities with third party plugins due to an non standard character string inside the SOGo PHOTO attribute.

There are two main reasons why it breakes the programs:

1 - Lines after the PHOTO keyword line should be indented with one space
2 - In photo string there is a column of \n

The first time that I faced this problem was when using OutlookCalDavSynchronizer, as you see here: https://sourceforge.net/p/outlookcaldavsynchronizer/discussion/general/thread/d6640b37/

Now, I am facing the same issue but with Carbook (a Thunderbird Add-On): https://addons.mozilla.org/pt-br/thunderbird/addon/cardbook/

Is is possible to fix this? Can I do something to help you?

Thank you!

  • [SOGo] PHOTO attribute with invalid character, , 05/24/2017