Re: [SOGo] Import backup from different source

  • From: "Tom Priebe" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Import backup from different source
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2017 14:23:57 +0200
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca 6441112217CD

On Wed, 2017-06-07 at 15:34 -0400, Ludovic Marcotte wrote:
> On 2017-06-07 5:29 AM, Tom Priebe
> ( )
> wrote:
> > > root@calendar:~/migrate# sogo-tool restore -p /tmp/sogo tpriebe
> > > <0x0x18eb710[SOGoCache]> Cache cleanup interval set every
> > > 300.000000
> > > seconds
> > > <0x0x18eb710[SOGoCache]> Using host(s) 'localhost' as server(s)
> > > sogo-tool: Uncaught exception NSRangeException, reason: Index 1
> > > is
> > > out of range 1 (in 'objectAtIndex:')
> >
> > which isn't particularly helpful.
>
> Try running sogo-tool under gdb:
> https://sogo.nu/nc/support/faq/article/how-do-i-debug-sogo.html
>
> and produce a stack trace.

Thank you so much for that pointer, it did indeed help. I was missing a
dictionary (which is for contact preferences, I think) in the
preferences array which caused the exception.

For completeness, here's what I did:

$ gdb sogo-tool
(gdb) b [NSException raise]
(gdb) run restore -p /tmp/sogo tpriebe
(gdb) bt

which gave me the backtrace pointing to the line number where it all
went south. In my case, this was SOGoToolRestore.m:674, so I set
another break point shortly before that and printed the corresponding
array 'up'

(gdb) po up

which contained only one element when the call asked for the element at
index 1. Running the same stuff with a working file (i.e. one produced
by sogo-tool backup) showed an empty array where my self made file had
none.

Thanks again for your help!

Tom