Re: [SOGo] Thunderbird "Domain Address Book" empty when using SOGo Integrator

  • From: "\"sg gs\"" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Thunderbird "Domain Address Book" empty when using SOGo Integrator
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 09:47:42 +0200
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca D9D10116FA89

[ot]may i ask, what's wrong with GAL[/ot]

Sent: Monday, July 17, 2017 at 6:43 PM
From: "\"Patrick Ben Koetter\" ( )" < >
* Tanstaafl < >:
> I hate the 'GAL' (Global Address List' functionality in
> Outlook/Office365, and I didn't like it in SOGo either.

I wouldn't say I hate it, but we definitely are more in need of a shared
address book, containing all our customer contacts, than one containing our
own addresses.

Just like you we created a shared addressbook and then we wrote a nice little
script that exports all CardDAV contacts from that addressbook and imports
them into a dedicated DIT in our LDAP server.

This way we also get to use the contacts in our SIP-phones and other
applications.

p@rick

--
[*] sys4 AG

https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG,80333 München

https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists