[SOGo] Help with Resources in SOGo

  • From: "Tobias Brunner" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] Help with Resources in SOGo
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 16:16:47 +0200
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca 5CBEF10027C2

Hi,

I'm trying to configure resource booking in SOGo like described here:
http://wiki.sogo.nu/ResourceConfiguration. I've managed to add the
calendarResource schema to 389DS and the example resource as entry to
the LDAP directory.

In sogo.conf I added the location where the resources are stored in LDAP
to SOGoUserSources:

SOGoUserSources = (
{
type = ldap;
CNFieldName = cn;
UIDFieldName = uid;
IDFieldName = uid;
MailFieldNames = (mail, alias);
bindFields = (uid, mail);
baseDN = "ou=SOGo,ou=Service Access,ou=Views,dc=example,dc=com";
bindDN = "uid=sogo-service,ou=Special Users,dc=example,dc=com";
bindPassword = HIDDEN;
canAuthenticate = YES;
displayName = "Users";
hostname = ldaps://ldap.example.com:636;
id = public;
isAddressBook = YES;
listRequiresDot = NO;
{
type = ldap;
CNFieldName = cn;
UIDFieldName = cn;
IDFieldName = cn;
MultipleBookingsFieldName = Multiplebookings;
KindFieldName = Kind;
baseDN = "ou=Resources,dc=example,dc=com";
bindDN = "uid=sogo-service,ou=Special Users,dc=example,dc=com";
bindPassword = HIDDEN;
canAuthenticate = NO;
displayName = "Resources";
hostname = ldaps://ldap.example.com:636;
id = vshn_resources;
isAddressBook = YES;
listRequiresDot = NO;
}
);

At least I can see the defined resource in the address book. But in the
new event view it doesn't appear as resource. I can add it in the
"Invite Attendees" field, but it shows as regular user. Shouldn't it be
displayed as resource?

In the documentation I read "Be sure that the resource has set at
MINIMUM "View Time and Date" for "All Authenticated Users" is set in
ACL". How can I do that? The resource is not able to login to SOGo as
there is no password set.

Does the resource need a mailbox? Or is this handled internally in SOGo?
If the resource needs a mailbox, does SOGo query the Inbox regularly? If
yes, how do I set this up? (password, schedule).

Thanks for any help as I can't find more documentation than the above
linked Wiki page. Or maybe I miss something. Any links are appreciated.

Best,
Tobias