Re: [SOGo] outlook for android, over activesync

  • From: "mj" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] outlook for android, over activesync
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2017 21:04:17 +0200
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca EAB46DCD96E

Hi,

Well, at least the microsoft products agree with each other: also the microsoft connectivity tester (https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com) cannot connect to our SOGo.

Only it doesn't talk about the certificate as outlook on android does, but testconnectivity.microsoft.com says:

Additional Details

A 401 error was received from the server, but no authentication methods are
supported.
HTTP Response Headers:
Sogo-Request-Duration: 0.000693
Vary: Accept-Encoding
Keep-Alive: timeout=5, max=100
Connection: Keep-Alive
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2017 18:38:15 GMT
WWW-Authenticate: basic realm="SOGo"
Elapsed Time: 542 ms.
With a link to this page for more info: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ef9f2062-3376-42da-9bd1-a333278449b6.aspx

We're on SOGo 2.3.19 on debian7. Perhaps we should upgrade, but... anyone with tips what else to look at?

As I said: many activesync clients work, including regular desktop outlook, and android apps TypeApp and Nine.

MJ

On 08/01/2017 08:23 PM, mj
( )
wrote:
Hi Kai-Uwe und Steffen,

Thanks for trying! As the error has now consistantly become about the ssl certificate, I should focus on that first.

Strange, other https clients work, various ssl certificate checkers all indicate no problems, including the required intermediate certificates, etc.

Perhaps I'll give it a try with a Let's Encrypt certificate.

Thanks for testing on your installations, guys!

MJ

On 08/01/2017 04:52 PM, Steffen Sachse
( )
wrote:
Hey,
I just tested my installation with the "Microsoft Outlook" application
available for free in the Android store and synching to my SOGo instance
works fine.

Steffen

Am 01.08.2017 um 15:34 schrieb mj
( ):
Hi,

Anyone here willing to give outlook for android a quick try with your
SOGo setup as an ActiveSync client?

We cannot get it to work, whereas all kinds of other activesync clients
work without an issue.

We would like to know if the problem is likely in our setup, or if
outlook for android using ActiveSync is simply not working with SOGo.

(for example, there are ActiveSync clients that use /ews exchange web
services, those don't seem to work with SOGo, and perhaps outlook for
android is one of those...)

MJ