Re: [SOGo] outlook for android, over activesync

  • From: "mj" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] outlook for android, over activesync
  • Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 23:32:41 +0200
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca 6941CF08C4B

Hi,

On 08/03/2017 04:20 PM, "Kai-Uwe Rommel"
( )
wrote:
I don't know if that is really the problem. However, as far as I
have gathered,
wildcard certificates are considered harmful, anyway.

So, switched to Lets Encrypt, and were still getting "Your mail server certificate is invalid. Would you like to login anyway?" (and, no, clicking proceed did not work, same error kept popping up)

:-(

But I found my issue, so I'm posting it here for the archives:

In SOGo apache config, under <VirtualHost *:443> we missed:

ServerName webmail.company.com
ServerAlias mail.company.com

I noticed that after I turned on ssl debugging with
# <IfModule mod_ssl.c>
# ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/ssl_engine.log
# LogLevel debug
# </IfModule>

In the file /var/log/apache2/ssl_engine.log, there were lines like:

No matching SSL virtual host for servername webmail.company.com found (using
default/first virtual host)

After configuring ServerName/ServerAlias, those errors disappeared, and surprise surprise.... Outlook for Android using ActiveSync started working.

:-)

Perhaps the above will help someone else. :-)

MJ