Re: [SOGo] Any way to backup and restore shared calendars?

  • From: "Christian Mack" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Any way to backup and restore shared calendars?
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 09:41:50 +0200
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca 54E98BCBEC4

Hello

Am 15.08.2017 um 12:29 schrieb Zhang Huangbin
( ):
> Dear all,
>
> Is there any way to backup and restore shared calendars?
> I tried “sogo-tool backup” and “sogo-tool restore”, but no shared calendar
> restored.
>
> Thanks for helping.
>
> P.S. on old server, we’re running SOGo-2.x (it creates few sql tables for
> each user), and new server runs SOGo-3.2.10 (9 sql tables for all users).
> We don’t want to use old sql structure, so any way to implement this
> without dump/restore SQL tables directly?

You have to backup and restore with sogo-tool then.
When restoring, you have to first restore all users and their folders,
then their preferences.
Afterwards you have to restore all preferences again.

That is because first it sets the sharing privileges on the folders
(which have to exist, before you can set them).
The sharing will not work in most cases, because the privileges of the
origin is not yet set.
Only the second restore of the preferences can set the shared folders,
because now the privileges are OK.

Ohh and make sure to restart memcached between the two restores of the
privileges, else SOGo will use old infos from the first run.

Universität Konstanz
Abteilung Basisdienste
78457 Konstanz
+49 7531 88-4416