Re: [SOGo] Global Ldap addressbook and MacOsX Contacts.app sync

  • From: "Christian Mack" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Global Ldap addressbook and MacOsX Contacts.app sync
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 11:49:19 +0200
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca C564FBA002B

Hello

Sorry for the late response.

Am 14.08.2017 um 18:33 schrieb Pavel Momot
( ):
> Hello,
> I'm trying to setup a global addressbook with ldap backend. My User
> source looks like this:
> {
> CNFieldName = cn;
> IDFieldName = uid;
> UIDFieldName = uid;
> baseDN = "ou=users,dc=global,dc=it-workbench,dc=com";
> bindAsCurrentUser = YES;
> displayName = "Shared Addresses";
> filter = "( disabled=0 AND (egwUser=1 OR egwUser=2) )";
> hostname = "ldap://192.168.12.135:389
> ldaps://192.168.12.2:636";
> id = public;
> isAddressBook = YES;
> canAuthenticate = NO;
> type = ldap;
> listRequiresDot = NO;
> }
> When using webinterface or thunderbird remote addressbook - everything
> is fine, I can see the list. But when trying to connect to this same
> point with MacOsX (10.12.6) Contacts.app via caldav, I constantly get my
> private addressbook, not a global one. Sogo version were 3.2.6a and
> 3.2.10 with same effect. The connection url was
> https://sogo.debug.wb/SOGo/dav/paul/Contacts/public/
>
> The log looks like this:

< cut >
You hit a long standing bug in Apples Contacts.app.
It only does searches in LDAP sources.
Because of that it does not use the global cardDAV addressbook.
Also it only uses one addressbook at all per account.
That one is usually your personal addressbook.

There is nothing SOGo can do.
You just can complain to Apple.

Universität Konstanz
Abteilung Basisdienste