Re: [SOGo] Any way to backup and restore shared calendars?

  • From: "Zhang Huangbin" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Any way to backup and restore shared calendars?
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 14:50:38 +0800
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca C3312BA1BC9

> On Aug 21, 2017, at 10:49 PM, Christian Mack
> ( )
>
> < >
> wrote:
>
> That should have worked.
> At least on my last migration test it did.

Unfortunately, it didn’t work for me.

> You should open a bug report for that.

Bug report: https://sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=4256

Here’s how i got the backup fully restored (SOGo 2.2.15 -> 2.3.22 -> 3.2.10):
3 machines involved, old server runs SOGo-2.2.15 and we’re going to migrate
it. A temporary virtual machine runs SOGo-2.3.22 and used to help get the
latest SQL structure of SOGo 2.x branch. The final new server runs
SOGo-3.2.10, it is the one we’re going to deploy in production. Steps:

1) Old server is running SOGo-2.2.15, backup data with 'sogo-tool backup'.
2) Setup a new VM with SOGo-2.3.22 (the latest version of 2.x branch).
3) On new VM, drop sogo db, re-create it, restart sogo service. SOGo creates
required SQL tables automatically. Note: since it’s already 2.3.x with new
SQL structure, i didn’t run the script "sql-update-2.2.17_to_2.3.0-mysql.sh”
to modify SQL table structure.
4) On new VM, restore backup files with 'sogo-tool restore'. Login to SOGo
and verify restored data. So far so good, all personal contacts/calendars,
and shared calendars are restored.
5) On new VM, backup sogo data by dumping the whole sogo sql database (not
‘sogo-tool backup’).
6) On final new server, runs SOGo-3.2.10 (the latest version of 3.x branch).
7) On final new server, drop sogo db, re-create it, restart sogo service.
SOGo creates required SQL tables automatically.
8) On final new server, import dumped sogo sql file (generated on step #5).
9) On final new server, run script "sql-update-3.0.0-to-combined-mysql.sh”
(shipped in SOGo package) to update SQL structure.
10) On final new server, backup data with “sogo-tool backup”. Then run
“sogo-tool restore -p -c /etc/sogo/sieve.cred <backup-dir> <user>” to
generate sieve rules.
11) Login to final new server and review restored data, so far so good, all
personal contacts/calendars, and shared calendars are restored.

Question:

- We stores mail accounts in OpenLDAP, why does SOGo backup file contains
full LDIF data of user? especially attribute "userPassword". I suppose only
uid (full email address) and/or ldap dn of user should be enough? It may
become a security concern if sysadmin didn’t realize the backup file contains
(hashed) password and didn’t set proper owner/group and file permission.

Again, thank you very much for helping. :)

----
Zhang Huangbin, founder of iRedMail project: http://www.iredmail.org/
Time zone: GMT+8 (China/Beijing).
Available on Telegram: https://t.me/iredmail