Re: [SOGo] Any way to backup and restore shared calendars?

  • From: "Zhang Huangbin" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Any way to backup and restore shared calendars?
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 20:11:55 +0800
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca 3DBC6BA7E2D

> On Aug 22, 2017, at 7:18 PM, Christian Mack
> ( )
>
> < >
> wrote:
>
> You can change that.
> Just do _not_ give the administrative account (used to query the
> Lprovided DAP) read privileges on attribute userPassword.
> It is not necessary anyway, as SOGo does a bind with the password
> provided by the user.

I don’t think this is a good idea, a LDAP dn has read/write privilege to
all its own attributes are quite normal, for example, change password
in self-service applications (we do this in Roundcube webmail too).

Besides, setting ACL in LDAP server is a good idea. If we go this way,
we have to create a new bind dn for just SOGO itself, and add one more
ACL in LDAP server to control which LDAP objectClass/attribute it can
read. This is making software deployment more complex.

So, why not simply don’t store unnecessary data in backup file? This should
be the best solution.

----
Zhang Huangbin, founder of iRedMail project: http://www.iredmail.org/
Time zone: GMT+8 (China/Beijing).