[SOGo] Calendar - Date Clicks should Spawn Events on Desktops > 1024px wide

  • From: "Jay Lepore" ( ) < >
  • To: ,
  • Subject: [SOGo] Calendar - Date Clicks should Spawn Events on Desktops > 1024px wide
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2017 08:41:33 -0800
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca 9A03CF8CB65

Christian,

This is a follow up to a previous request.

I have not seen any response to my reply and I do not know how else to follow up other than a resend to the group.

I feel strongly that in a sufficient width environment (1024px or wider) calendar dates clicked on should provide an event opening tied to that date / time (right clicks are not important)

There is truly not one other desktop calendar that fails to respond in this way. I have personally watched users have to force themselves or be trained out of their instinctive behavior to find and use the green plus sign followed by a choice of the calendar icon.

In a mobile environment, existing behavior is perfect. The green button is large and the use of it is obvious. Moreover, it is typical and expected behavior.

However, in a desktop environment it runs completely counter intuitive to what the world expects to happen when they click on a date.

I am very grateful for your wonderful product and especially the interaction / interfacing with the various other calendaring clients on the market. It is the best in those areas. I just believe this simple adjustment to the existing desktop interface is handicapping the ability of this product to be embraced by users that are already using a product that responds to date relevant click events.

For reference I supply the original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqOVZ9fhCc4 though I have beyond this video no other calendar that does not use date relevant clicks.

Jay Lepore
Owner
CompuMatter

The
Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 13, 2017, at 5:41 AM, Christian Mack
( )

< >
wrote:

Hello

As info:
There are no right clicks and no double clicks anymore in V3, because
the web frontend is used on tablets and smartphones too.

This will probably be hard to implement.

Am 11.11.2017 um 20:30 schrieb Peter TKATCHENKO
( ):
+1 for this feature request.

Peter