Re: [SOGo] SOGo V2, sieve and German umlauts - suuggestions

  • From: "Christian Mack" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] SOGo V2, sieve and German umlauts - suuggestions
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 11:12:51 +0100
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca 37B3310439F7

Hello Götz

Am 12.03.2018 um 15:20 schrieb Götz Reinicke
( ):
> Hi,
>
> an user has some mail folders with German Umlauts in the name and adding
> sieve filters will not work.
>
> I found some bug reports and the suggestion to change
> „SOGoSieveFolderEncoding = UTF-8“.
>
> https://sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=3904
> <https://sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=3904>
>
> Can I change that on my livesystem which is on the latest SOGo V2 without
> breaking something? Dose the user has to recreate the filter?
>
> On the dovecot side the folder is „Verb&AOQ-nde &- Institutionen“ so may be
> the „&“ in the middle is a problem too?

The setting of SOGoSieveFolderEncoding must match your dovecot setting
in mail_location.
Default in Dovecot is mUTF-7-encoding
If there is a ":UTF-8" in mail_location, then you have UTF-8-encoding in
dovecot.

If changed in SOGo on an already productive server, you have to change
the encoding of all folders created with SOGo and non-ASCII characters
to UTF-8 with:
doveadm mailbox mutf7 -7 ${WRONG_FOLDER_NAME}
Best to do that in a script ;-)

Universität Konstanz
Abteilung Basisdienste
78457 Konstanz