Re: [SOGo] SOGo V2, sieve and German umlauts - suuggestions

  • From: Götz Reinicke ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] SOGo V2, sieve and German umlauts - suuggestions
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 13:56:10 +0100
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca 3B1321046D64

Hi Christian,

Am 13.03.2018 um 11:12 schrieb Christian Mack ( ) < >:

Hello Götz

Am 12.03.2018 um 15:20 schrieb Götz Reinicke
( ):
Hi,

an user has some mail folders with German Umlauts in the name and adding sieve filters will not work.

I found some bug reports and the suggestion to change „SOGoSieveFolderEncoding = UTF-8“.

https://sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=3904 <https://sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=3904>

Can I change that on my livesystem which is on the latest SOGo V2 without breaking something? Dose the user has to recreate the filter?

On the dovecot side the folder is „Verb&AOQ-nde &- Institutionen“ so may be the „&“ in the middle is a problem too?

The setting of SOGoSieveFolderEncoding must match your dovecot setting
in mail_location.
Default in Dovecot is mUTF-7-encoding
If there is a ":UTF-8" in mail_location, then you have UTF-8-encoding in
dovecot.

If changed in SOGo on an already productive server, you have to change
the encoding of all folders created with SOGo and non-ASCII characters
to UTF-8 with:
doveadm mailbox mutf7 -7 ${WRONG_FOLDER_NAME}
Best to do that in a script ;-)

Hm. ok. I checked and dovecot and SOGo are configured/using utf-7 (no :UTF-8 in dovecot conf) so the sieve filter should work by default ?!

More reading revealed, that pigeonhole uses UTF-8 …. already …. https://wiki.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Troubleshooting

So, may be it would be cool to have an pigeonhole option to set the encoding for systems which are using UTF-7 for a loooong time …?

Or I do have to convert everything to uff-8 …

Regards . Götz