Re: [SOGo] In SOGo how can I make the login just "username" instead of email addr

  • From: "Christian Mack" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] In SOGo how can I make the login just "username" instead of email addr
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 15:00:19 +0200
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca E50C8D0C63E

Am 11.05.2018 um 09:02 schrieb engin türk
( ):
> I just use one domain, so how can I set SOGo to use just "username" instead
> of
> " "
> This occurs for both the web login and setting up activesync on a device.
>
> Looking at the SOGo documentation it says this should be possible.
>
> I have changed this setting from YES to NO and restarted the entire server
> but it didn't do anything.
> // Must login with full email address
> SOGoForceExternalLoginWithEmail = NO;
>
> Is it possible to do this?

Yes, that is possible.
But SOGoForceExternalLoginWithEmail is used for loging into external
resources like SMTP and IMAP with full email address, not for logging
into SOGo :-)

You have to set UIDFieldName (or bindFields) in your SOGoUserSources
section to an/all LDAP field names a user can use to login.
This requires, that you have a field already with "username" in it.

Universität Konstanz
Abteilung Basisdienste
78457 Konstanz
+49 7531 88-4416