[SOGo] UX suggestions

  • From: "Alex M" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] UX suggestions
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2018 21:03:57 +0200
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca 0EDB610C50A2

Hi all,

I have no coding ability to help so I know it's easy to ask for features, however please please please think to these basic missing features that make SOGo usage terribly frustrating:

* Typing an URL in a message makes it a clickable link (in HTML editing)
* Click some header from any page to go back home
* An an option in Preferences making "in-window" OR "new window" editing the default option instead of asking everytime
* Do NOT save multiple instances of the same message in Draft folder. I'm having thousands of drafts in my Draft box, all duplications of some of them at different steps (10% of writing, 20%, 50%, 100% ...), only save the last version
* Do NOT show the "unread message" counter in window title when Draft folder is open (some of drafts are showed are unread, .... what does that mean for a draft?)
* Let us open messages in new tabs: give us back the middle click on Linux or the right click > Open in new tab option
* Do not stack dozens of "Backend fetch error" messages when some communication problem occurs, a discrete Automatic Retry in X seconds of Slack/Gmail is a great alternative

Thank you for considering these suggestions!

Alex

  • [SOGo] UX suggestions, Alex M, 06/08/2018