Re: [SOGo] Can not create contacts in address book

  • From: "Christian Illy" ( ) < >
  • To: "Christian Illy ( )" < >
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Can not create contacts in address book
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 12:35:37 +0200
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca CEB6A122002F

Hi,

seems like this issue was totally my fault in the end :(
Prior to switching to using the nightly builds for Debian last year I tried to set up SOGo from sources. Seems like when switching I missed cleaning up leftovers from /usr/local and for some reason it seems like the current Debian package installation decided to use some of the files in there resulting in this issue.

Anyway, it's all working again now and I'm back at using this great product :)

Regards,
Chris

Am 07.07.2018 um 17:44 schrieb Christian Illy
( ):
Hi Chris,

first of all thanks for your feedback :)

- I wouldn't use a nightly build.
I don't really have a choice due to the licensing model SOGo uses these days. I would like to support the development but I'm only hosting this for my family and I can't really spend 700 € per year for that ;)

- Seems to be a similar issue like in https://sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=4418.
Yeah, found that ticket when searching for the issue before posting here (and also https://sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=4442 ). Unfortunately neither seemed to apply to my situation as I did make sure the database schema does match as explained in those two, both by running the very latest sql-update-3.2.10_to_4.0.0-mysql.sh script as well as manually looking at the tables.
Also made sure all the packages are up to date and no old stuff (pre SOGo 3) left installed.

- Why don't you restore the last working backup? Sogo and database?
Might help but would scratch any calendar data changes that happened afterwards. Would be really nice to just know what's wrong here and fix it instead :)

Regards,
Chris