Re: [SOGo] Help with SOGO Sieve Support

  • From: "Christian Mack" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Help with SOGO Sieve Support
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2018 16:08:22 +0200
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca 64D031DE504E

Hello

That credentials file is needed, when sogo does changes to the sieve
configuration, e.g. for enabling and disabling/deleting vacation messages.
You have to put the SIEVE master account and its password seperated by a
colon in there.
E.g.:
dovecotMaster:StrongSecret

If your SIEVE doesn't support the date extension, then you also need to
activate the cron job for enabling and disabling, see
<https://sogo.nu/files/docs/SOGoInstallationGuide.html#_cronjob_vacation_messages_activation_and_expiration>

Am 21.08.2018 um 10:37 schrieb Philip Grueter
( ):
> I did activate SIEVE in Dovecot, I didnt't knew about an sieve.creds
> that I had to create, I just folloewd this short guide:
> https://docs.iredmail.org/why.no.sieve.support.in.sogo.html
> What do I have to put in this file?
>
> Best regards
> Philip
>

> Am 21.08.2018 um 10:19 schrieb Christian Mack
> ( ):
>> Am 20.08.2018 um 11:12 schrieb Philip Grueter
>> ( ):
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> i hope this is how this mailing list works, I just try to describe my
>>> problem ^^
>>>
>>> We habe an iredmail Mailserver where I recently deactivated roundcube to
>>> use the sieve support from SOGo.
>>> (I just removed the entrys from /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf and
>>> /etc/httpd/conf.d/roundcube.conf).
>>> I activated SOGo sieve support like this:
>>> https://docs.iredmail.org/why.no.sieve.support.in.sogo.html
>>> Now I get the option to activate Vacation in SOGo, but nothing works.
>>> When I try to save, I get the message "service temporarily unavailable",
>>> but when I reload the site, it is in fact saved. But the vacation
>>> response doesn't work.
>>>
>>> In the Maildir directory, there is no dovecot.sieve or sogo.sieve file
>>> and I get no error entrys in the /var/log/dovecot-sieve.log file.
>>> At this point I have no idea what to do.
>>>
>>> Hope someone can give me some advice
>>>
>> Did you activate SIEVE in dovecot?
>> Did you create /etc/sogo/sieve.creds for admin access to managesieve?
>>

>> Kind regards,
>> Christian Mack

Universität Konstanz
Abteilung Basisdienste