Re: [SOGo] Lost administration account

  • From: "Christian Mack" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Lost administration account
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2018 11:30:40 +0200
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca B40DB1DE4FE8

Hello

Is your LDAP controlled/provisioned by a Identity Management System?
If yes, it should provide a change workflow.
If not, you need an LDAP client and an admin account on your LDAP server
in order to change users in it.

Am 24.08.2018 um 17:28 schrieb Andrew Gilfrid Day
( ):
> Sorry I should have mentioned it.
>
> It is LDAP.
>
> But how can I change other user passwords without knowing the old one?
>
> Best regards
> Andrew Gilfrid Day
>
> Calle Cruz de San Antonio 30
> 38600 Granadilla de Abona
> Tenerife
> España
>
> Tlf: +34 922 771 355
>
> On 24/08/2018 15:57, mj
> ( )
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> You normally change user passwords in your authentication backend, could
>> be
>> Active Directory, ldap, mysql, anything really, depends on your
>> configuration.
>>
>> MJ
>>
>> On 08/24/2018 03:18 PM, Andrew Gilfrid Day
>> ( )
>> wrote:
>>> Thanks for that Christian.
>>>
>>> I added myself to the superuser list in sogo.conf and indeed I can access
>>> the
>>> administration tab but all that offers me is the ability to add users to
>>> other users calendars and address books. :-(
>>>
>>> What I'm trying to do is change the password for several sogo users. How
>>> do
>>> I go about that?
>>>
>>> I do have root access.
>>>
>>> Many thanks.