Re: [SOGo] Winmail.dat Invites

  • From: "\" \"" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Winmail.dat Invites
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 20:19:21 +0200
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca E965C1DE505D

Am 29.08.2018 um 16:53 schrieb Bob Wooldridge
( ):
I'm having trouble with calendar invites from people who are using MS Exchange.  The LookOut plugin seems to hang even though it decodes it.  But once decoded, there's no way to accept the invite.  Does anyone have any solutions or work arounds for this?

LookOut has many problems.  Sometimes It can not "save all" attachments. If you try that, all files have the same binary content.

There are server side converters which are able to unpack the proprietary winmail.dat attachments.
The can be plugged in e.g. Dovecot like e.g. virus scanners (e.g. Amavis, Spamassasin).
I don't remember them atm, sorry.
Maybe this?:   https://github.com/verdammelt/tnef

I usually try to educate the conversation parters that they should change their settings in Outlook (or globally in group policys/exchange settings), to not send proprietary non-standard Outlook-only attachments which can not be received on Mobile devices, apple devices, iPads, Smartphones etc.

Often they understand it if I tell them that they should try to send an file-attachment to their iPhone/Smartphone.  They can't open the attachment there either. They only see winmail.dat.

Regards

TB