Re: [SOGo] Thunderbird Plugin

  • From: "Adi Kriegisch" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Thunderbird Plugin
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 16:41:49 +0200
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca 32DC71DE4FE1

Hi!

> > > I have switched to TBSync and removed the SOGo plugin. The TBSync plugin
> > > uses ActiveSync to synchronize calendar and contacts. Works fine.
^^^^^^^^^^
> > Great that you found a solution that works for you. I personally do not
> > consider anything using ActiveSync a solution -- especially not if open
> > protocols like CardDAV or CalDAV are available.
>
> from the addons description:
>
> "Synchronisiert Kontakte, Aufgaben und Kalender mit Thunderbird über
> Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) oder CalDAV/CardDAV."
> -- https://addons.thunderbird.net/de/thunderbird/addon/tbsync/
>
> Wer lesen kann, ist klar im Vorteil... ;-) *SCNR*
I was referring to the original poster's quote of using ActiveSync.

Except for this minor detail and your misguided attempt of belittling me,
you obviously missed the whole point of SOGo Connector/Integrator:
integration with SOGo's settings and the magic automatic configuration
for the user. Plain calendar sync isn't the issue here as (at least)
CalDAV sync is built into Lightning anyways.

-- Adi