Re: [SOGo] Winmail.dat Invites

  • From: "Bob Wooldridge" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Winmail.dat Invites
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 16:42:30 -0500
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca D14771DE5032

I have the script working with maildrop!  The only hitch is that the attachment must be identified as ms-tnef.  Just attaching a winmail.dat file to a message will not work.

If you are familiar with maildrop, just add this to your .mailfilter file:

exception {
   xfilter "/usr/local/bin/ytnefprocess"
}

The description sounds good and it seems to be in active development.

And he seems to be willing to add new features. Maybe he can learn from your problem, from my comments and from the links below.

QUOTE:

"If you want additional information exported (to the vCalendar or vCard information), then use the -v option to try & find out where the information is. Then send the winmail.dat file, along with the -v listing to me ( ) along with some information & justifications. It works best if you send several data files, showing the option in various states to back up your claim. For example, if you want me to parse recurrence patterns encoded in the TNEF stream, then send yourself several meeting requests with almost identical information, and several different recurrence patterns, and (hopefully) the only fields that change will the the UID & the recurrence information."

--
Bob Wooldridge EDM Incorporated http://www.edm-inc.com