[SOGo] LDAP entries with multiple mail addresses

  • From: "Andrei Goldchleger" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] LDAP entries with multiple mail addresses
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 19:08:19 -0300
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca D96451DE4F94

Hi,

My LDAP users records contain multiple email addresses. For example:

-----

dn: uid=john-doe,ou=people,dc=example,dc=net
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
uid: john-doe
sn: Doe
givenName: John
cn: John Doe
userPassword: <PASSWORD>
mail:

mail:

mail:

-----

Each of those email addresses maps to a different mailbox. They are handled by a single SMTP/IMAP server. This was tested with Thunderbird and the mailbox isolation works fine.

I would like to achieve in SOGo the same kind of isolation:

1) User logs in with the email address

2) User only sees the mailbox that correspond to the address used to log in SOGo

3) User can only send email with the login identity

My SogoUsersSources is like the following:

-----

SOGoUserSources = (
   {
      type = ldap;
      CNFieldName = cn;
      UIDFieldName = mail;
      IDFieldName = uid; // first field of the DN for direct binds
      bindFields = (mail); // array of fields to use for indirect binds
      IMAPLoginFieldName = mail;
      baseDN = "ou=people,dc=example,dc=net";
      bindDN = "uid=sogo,ou=automation,dc=example,dc=net";
      bindPassword = <PASSWORD>;
      canAuthenticate = YES;
      displayName = "Shared Addresses";
      hostname = ldaps://ldap.example.net;
      id = public;
      isAddressBook = YES;
   }

-----

With this configuration, the user logs in successfully with the email address (thus objective 1 is achieved). However, the mailbox that is loaded is always the mailbox listed in the first mail record in the LDAP attribute (In this example, ). Also, when composing email, the user can select the other accounts.

Is there any way to achieve what I want without having separate LDAP records?

Thanks,

Andrei