Re: [SOGo] Ldap atributte account blocked and password expiration

  • From: "Andrei Goldchleger" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Ldap atributte account blocked and password expiration
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 12:42:49 -0200
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca 0DF4B1DE4FAB

Miguel,

I don't know if SOGo can handle this directly, but since you are using LDAP, you can achieve that (and much more) by enabling password policies in your LDAP server. For example, have a look at:

http://www.zytrax.com/books/ldap/ch6/ppolicy.html

The following is optional, but if you wish, you can even do password strength checks (e.g., 8 characters, at least one punctuation, one uppercase, one lowercase) by using an external module such as:

https://github.com/cedric-dufour/ppolicy-check-password/blob/debian-stretch/README.DEBIAN

Please be aware that in order to build the package you probably will have to patch the sources by hand, since the lines will probably change in the LDAP sources for your server. It is not that hard though, since it is the matter of changing just a couple of lines.

Thanks,

Andrei