Re: [SOGo] Configuring Preferences/Administering SOGo

  • From: "Christian Mack" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Configuring Preferences/Administering SOGo
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2019 11:58:09 +0100
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca 537321DE4F8F

Hello

Am 26.12.18 um 11:57 schrieb Odhiambo Washington
( ):
< ... >

> Now, when I login with an administrator account and click on
> Administration, I see that there is really nothing to administer, which
> begs the questions:
> What is the purpose of the Administrator Account??
> When I click on Administration, I get "Rights" displayed on the left pane
> and the rightmost pane shows "No Resource Selected". Why is this so?

SOGoSuperUsers can subscribe to any calendar or address book available
on the system.
They have all privileges to create, see, edit and delete everything
inside those calendars and address books.
So be careful whom to grant that power.

In the administration page you can grant or revoke privileges on every
calendar or address book of every user to every other user.
To do so, you have to first search for the owner of that calendar or
address book.
Then you can choose from her/his calendars and address books and change
the privileges granted to that, like it was your own.

> I am also trying to understand how to correctly use the SOGOLoginDomains
> parameter within domains config block. I have 4 domains, so I wonder how to
> use this to give me a dropdown of the domains.

I don't use that, but according to the "SOGo - Installation and
Configuration Guide" you have to set SOGoLoginDomains to an array of
keys from your domains configuration.
With "keys" they really mean the name of domains given (e.g. acme.com
from "acme.com = {")

For the example configuration that would be:
SOGoLoginDomains = ("acme.com", "coyote.com");

https://sogo.nu/files/docs/SOGoInstallationGuide.html#_multi_domains_configuration

Universität Konstanz
Abteilung Basisdienste
78457 Konstanz